Importance of Families
Parent participation at Green Beginnings Child Centre is considered essential. Green Beginnings Educators are committed to sharing children’s learning with parents and the community – a joint exploration. We believe that a team approach in our care giving and teaching, promotes the best outcomes for children’s learning, and we strive for collaboration and open communication with children, families, Early Childhood support professionals, and the wider community.
The information exchange of ideas, skills and knowledge between parents and educators is valued highly to us, and we encourage parents to be a strong part of our discussions about centre policies, child development concerns, and curriculum planning and documentation.
We will offer various opportunities for parent participation throughout your familiy's involvement with the centre through:
- Classroom meetings - Parents and educators of children within a particular room meet to discuss and view happenings that have taken place during their child’s experiences there. Educators will show parents examples of “children’s images of learning” through slides, work displays and photos.
- Individual educator –parent conferences – These can be requested by parents or educators for in depth discussions about specifics relating to children’s learning and development.
- Parent Workshops – Green Beginnings will hold workshops and lectures for parents and the wider community. These topics will be related to common interests of parents (reading with children, healthy eating, and importance of play (etc) that will be conducted by a specialist in the area.
- Centre meetings – Parents within the whole centre and kindy will meet to discuss policies and procedures relating to the centre as a whole
- Holiday and Celebrations – these will be activities where children, parents, grandparents, friends and people within the community come together. Sometimes the whole centre will be involved and sometimes it will just be the class. Celebrations may be birthdays, mothers and fathers days, centre events and family days.
- Excursions – Parents and family are welcome and encouraged to join us on excursions and events we attend outside the centre. We are very fortunate to be next door to the Kawana Community Centre, which holds various concerts and events for children throughout the year – all in walking distance.
- Or just drop in for a play anytime