Philosophy & Mission Statement
Our mission is to support and develop children’s strengths and potential through a child-centred, emergent, collaborative teaching and learning environment inspired by nature and driven by children and families.
Green Beginnings Child Centre’s unique philosophy recognises the benefits of providing a holistic learning experience for our children in a caring, enriching environment supported by skilled, knowledgeable and passionate Educators who value families and the community.
At Green Beginnings
Children are valued for their ability to do meaningful work, their wonder and curiosities, and their need to play.
- We believe that children must have some control over the direction of their learning and be given endless ways and opportunities to express themselves
- We believe in children’s right to PLAY
- We believe play should be fun, exciting, spontaneous, hands-on, stimulating, relaxing, comforting and challenging
- We also feel that it is important to provide opportunities for children to experiment, discover, explore, create, investigate, practice theories, solve problems and express ideas with the support of other children and the adults around them
- We believe in celebrating children’s play, discoveries and learning and will do so through reflection, meaningful documentation, and learning stories
Parents and families are valued for their bonds and traditions, their commitment to work, home, community and their dreams for their children.
- Parents are viewed as partners, collaborators and advocates for their children
- We support and welcome parents’ interests and involvement in the community of our Centre and Kindy
- We value and support families’ hopes and dreams for their children
Our staff is appreciated for their knowledge and values, contribution of skills; their vision for children, their delight in seeing children learning, and their commitment to families.
- We believe in sharing our vision and passion for excellence in early childhood education with other professionals relevant to the education of young children
- We strive to provide our Green Beginnings Teaching Family with ongoing education relating to best practices for children
- We are committed to keeping our team inspired
Our community of learners appreciate, protect and preserve the environment and our precious earth.
- We aim to achieve a sense of wonder, feeling and belonging to, and love of the land, nature and animals, so that young children will develop lifelong respectful as well positive and proactive attitudes to our environment and a sustainable future
We believe in nurturing and protecting our most precious gifts – our children and our planet.